Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Prelude to Spring

#trailways#walking#hopingforspring

Life's routine is returning...after visits, sleepovers from all of our grandchildren during last week's March Break.
Today, I was able to get out and about for a good walk in the sunshine!



It has been a long time since I walked these paths, trails and the trestle bridge walkway into town.




You have heard enough about the long, harsh cold Southern Ontario winter ... today, there were some signs that Spring may be in the air. 

Birds were singing and flitting around the backyard gathering leaves and twigs to lay claim to one of our many bird houses which they call "Home"!

Although the local Lake is still frozen, the rivers and streams are flowing!

There were no ducks out on the lake, only one fisherman trying his luck at ice fishing.




How far did I go?
 I walked just under 8 kilometers today, not too bad after nearly a two week break from my daily walks.

Here is hoping the weather is turning and I'll soon be able to enjoy daily outings!

1 comment:

  1. Guy asks if 4°C is not too HOT for you??Nice pics !

    ReplyDelete