Monday, August 4, 2014

Long Weekend in Canada




Today is a holiday for most Canadians ... It is called the "Civic Holiday" in most provinces but may also be known as something else.

My friend in France asked me what that was ... and honestly I didn't know the answer.

All I know is that when I was still employed this was one of a very few long weekends/ extra days added to a weekend ... to give me an extra break from work/ my career ... allowing me to spend extra time with family and friends.

It is a statutory holiday that always falls on the first Monday in August... depending in which province you live you may have the day off or you may not and also whom who work for?

This " long weekend " is especially important to me as it falls in the middle of the Summer months and yes summer only lasts so long in our part of the world.

When we lived in the "North" country at our "School house" ... this was always one of the those weekends for impromptu pot lucks with neighbours (permanent or weekenders) whom ever was around! 

Fun and busy times ...

Saturday ... market shopping, supplies for the weekend ...

Sunday ... The Friendship Festival in Simcoe ( I think it is called something else now)




Monday ... A get together to celebrate my brother's visit ... 

After this busy weekend ... my best friend (Monsieur Honey)  and I are having a quiet moment.


Watching the sunset ... from our courtyard and maybe we will be able to turn on the rope lights ...

                         

Honey says "why are those hydro lines in your picture?".


I see pink in the sky ...



                      



Ah ... A warm night with the lights on ...


Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment