Friday, March 21, 2014

A River Runs Through It...

#goat cheese and thyme toasts#TGIF#Maple Mustard Salmon recipe#A River Runs Through It#Gourdon

It seems we are just waiting in limbo for our next adventure ... but that is not a good thing because it is like wishing your life away!

Two years ago, we were already settled in our rented cottage in the medieval town of Gourdon and living the French life.

Last year, we were preparing to celebrate Easter with our children and grandchildren and getting as many hugs and snuggles from them before we departed on our 2013 adventure. 

Here we are ...  it is the first Friday of "Spring" and there are still left over signs of Winter.


After a slow start, we both were a bit more than tired today; we ventured out to do some grocery shopping.

It seems not much was accomplished this afternoon, I think Msr. Honey did catch a nap.

Late in the afternoon, after some coaxing by Msr. Honey...I ventured out into the sunshine for some exercise and clearing of the cobwebs in my head. 

My walking buddy is laid up for sometime, so I must keep myself motivated until she is able to join me!

Heal and get well soon, my friend!

It was the best thing I did for myself today ... a brisk three and a half kilo-meter walk, thinking about nothing and just enjoying the bright light of the sunshine and the azure blue sky with the water in the stream rushing by quickly.



My timing was perfect ... I returned as Msr. Honey was preparing his delicious appetizers ready to serve with a glass of wine to toast Friday night!

    Homemade toasts with goat cheese and thyme ... so yummy!


Then I was on as chef for dinner ... I prepared a new recipe that I adapted from one in today's advertisements and it was a great success.

For our dinner, I prepared "Maple Mustard Salmon" with Rice and Peas.

The recipe I prepared served the two of us. (Original recipe called for double of everything listed).

Ingredients:

227 grams salmon fillets (I used wild sockeye 2 portions)

1/8 cup  (30ml)  of butter 

1/8 cup (30 ml)  Maple Syrup

2 tsp. (10 ml) Dijon mustard smooth or grainy.

1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) low sodium soy sauce

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 425F (220C), arrange salmon in 8 inch (20cm) baking dish.

2. Melt butter in microwave. 
    Stir in maple syrup, Dijon mustard and soy sauce. 
    Pour over salmon.

3. Bake until salmon flakes with a fork, about 12 minutes.
    Serve hot with extra sauce over the top.

Great with your favorite rice and vegetable side dishes.

* recipe called for Becel Buttery Taste Margarine which I replaced with butter.

If you are looking for something different and delicious ... give this a try!

TGIF and Happy Weekend to you all!







2 comments:

  1. recipe sounds great! Wish I was there to taste it ! Seems you had a nice walk !Walking all alone from time to time will do you good !!!Hope your walking-friend can join you soon !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes solo walking is good for the mind, body and soul!

      Delete