Thursday, February 20, 2014

Ice Sculptures.

#icefog #winterwalking

A morning walk through the ice fog and the ice sculptures that it created in nature.

As today's weather forecast called for milder temperatures and heavy rains, my walking buddy Susie Q and I went out early.


The colours of the sky were constantly changing and there was a quietness as we walked.

Was this the calm before the storm?


The effects of the ice fog on the trees, shrubs and bushes is artistically beautiful!




Slipping and sliding ...



I had hoped the rains would melt and wash away some of the enormous snow piles and the icy patches in the streets and sidewalks with promises that Spring might be travelling to our town soon!

It did rain but first it snowed followed by freezing rain and ice pellets and then the rain came ... but the temperatures did not warm up as much as I had hoped for ... 

Oh how I long to be able to walk outdoors everyday ... without the fear and apprehension of slipping and/or falling on the icy/snowy paths and walkways!

A trail in the Autumn.

A trail in the Summer.


Footnote ... 
It is now the next morning Friday, February 21st, school buses have been cancelled in three counties in our parts of Southwestern Ontario due to icy road conditions.

It is raining and the winds are blowing at speeds of 50 kph plus!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL !! But I prefer walking in sunny weather without ice and snow. I did 10 km 470 m !! Almost Spring here !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know my friend ... Sunny weather, no ice and snow are much better conditions for walking! Great job on your distance! Spring needs to come soon for me to get my walking strides to those distances!

      Delete