Friday, February 28, 2014

Frozen Footsteps in February

#winter weather#walking poles#myths#lions and lambs

After yesterday's blizzard and the continual freezing temperatures these past few weeks, today's walk under the cover of the bright blue skies and sparkling sunshine was a welcomed reprieve.


We walked just over five kilometers on crunchy snow and ice covered paths and fields...and in some spots it was like walking on a tightrope trying to avoid sinking through the snow.

I received Nordix walking poles as a Christmas gift from my son and daughter in law. 
This past weekend my DIL gave me a quick lesson how to use them ...and I should have taken them with me on today's walk. They would have been the perfect support for trudging along the snow covered paths....next time for sure!



This walk was good practice for my planned walks in Spain on the Caminos.


Surprisingly the water in the stream was flowing!




Tomorrow it is March ... Will it come in like a lion and go out like a lamb? 
Or maybe the blizzard the other day was the lion?           

                    




3 comments:

  1. Very brave of you walking in those conditions !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to! I am afraid I won't be able to keep up with you on the "Way" to Santiago. Hoping winter will go away soon and I have better conditions to walk.

      Delete
    2. Walking in snow and on icy ways is great for your condition !!!The km you walk count double !!!!

      Delete