Sunday, November 3, 2013

Why Wi-Fi?

Blogging has been off to a slow start.

I wrote a couple of posts offline while sitting in the car on our journey south to Florida and then finished and posted them while connected to Wi-Fi at our overnight hotel stays. 

Wi-Fi at our resort in Florida is not that accessible at the moment, only in specific locations outside the main office area and in the lounge.

Although, I have been told within the next couple weeks the whole resort will be Wi-Fi'ed ... which means there will finally be access in the villas and town homes after all these years.

I'm not sure that we will see the benefits and be able to use it this year in our unit, but it will definitely be here on our next visit.

We became dependent and reliant on Wi-Fi during our many travels to France as a way to stay in touch and communicate with family and friends and it still is important to me to be able to text, email, FaceTime with my children and family when we are away from home.

Early morning and in the evenings after dinner is usually a good time for me to write my thoughts and upload/ edit the day's photos... and then complete my posts, so the Wi-Fi in our villa would be great.

But then again only a few short years ago, the only alternative was a hand written postcard or an expensive phone call!






1 comment:

  1. So, next year it will be easier to contact you and to blablabla !!!
    Be patient Miek , it's only ONE year of your lifetime !!!!

    ReplyDelete