Thursday, October 31, 2013

First Florida Footsteps...

My first "Florida" footsteps happened this morning ... (Monday, October 28th)

I headed out at what I thought was an early hour ... but by the time I showered, dressed in appropriate gear and shoes it was already 8:43AM.

The temperature and air in the resort area was cool, perfect for walking... I walked the pink coral coloured pathways along the US 192 with the intention of doing a quick shop.


I knew we were shopping later so I passed on the "quick pickup", because it would be extra weight to carry back and continued further than intended for my first walk in over a week.

I felt invigorated as I started out, my body had been sitting idle in a car for three days of travel.



When I walked the return trip with the rising sun shining in my face, I got my "sweat on!

As the saying goes something like this...horses sweat, men perspire and ladies get slightly damp... 

today I am not sure which category I fall in?

Just over 5 Kms of walking, plus the steps while shopping and some laps in the pool!

4 comments:

  1. awesome Pat! I will try and keep up my walking back at the ranch so I can join u again upon your return. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue ... in the heat the walking is hard going, but trying to get out early in the morning and looking for new places to walk.
      See you when we get back!

      Delete
  2. Well done ! Nice walk,I suppose !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miek.. I know I am not at the distance we did in France but I am working on it! Getting in shape for Compostella!

      Delete