Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Let's "Go Walk...Baby"!

Today I walked in my new Skechers "Go Walk Baby" shoes ...
(as the shoe box says "Go like never before") ... so far these shoes have exceeded my expectations, feather light and comfortable.

I may have to check out their full line of Performance Shoes, especially the "Go Trail" shoes to see if they would be suitable for walking "le chemin / el camino" on the way to Santiago de Compostela.

www.skechers.com/performance


Instead of stepping out onto the pink coral coloured sidewalks that border the busy 6 to 8 lane US Hwy. 192, I ventured down another street in hopes of a quieter walk with different views.

I found just what I was hoping for instead of the sounds of traffic ... I could hear the birds singing in the trees, the rushing of water from the fountains that framed the entrance of some of the resorts, the voice of golfers calling "fore" to warn of their wayward balls and the silence of my thoughts.

The right surroundings and a good pair of shoes are the best motivation to make me walk further... today I walked 7.7 Kms, two more kms than yesterday...and then I spent an hour in the pool "aqua jogging/ exercising"!


The views were varied from the palm tree lined resort entrances, the golf course, the swampy bushes in some empty lots, the trees dripping in Spanish moss, the forests...and of course best of all the lack of retail outlets!

And at one point I felt transported back to France... Could it be a pigeonnier hidden in behind the palm trees?


The pigeonnier in Dégagnac 












And if one my walking buddies were here...would we have ventured through the trails in this "Enchanted Forest"!  

    What do you think Madame M and Susie Q?

2 comments:

  1. More than 7 km !!! Waw!!! You've seen nice things. I think you enjoyed your walk ! Nice pics !
    Aqua gym tomorrow?? You will be in a good shape when you return back home !
    Bonne chance pour demain .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Madame M... It was a great walk and a day full of exercise! I had to take a day off from walking ...I was back at it today and went more than 8kms.

      Delete