Thursday, February 6, 2014

Zero Gravity

It was a busy day of walking ... Walk on the beach and a walk in space!

I walked barefoot on the beach and enjoyed the early morning peace and quiet along the Ocean ...with the only sounds being the music created by the crashing waves as the tide came in and the squawking and singing of my fair feathered friends.



My walking distance has increased each day ... Today was almost 6 kms...after my walk I returned to my temporary home away from home for breakfast and shower.

While I was walking Msr. Honey had planned an outing ... A drive north along the coast to Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center.

                         

Msr. Honey had been here before but I had never visited this area!


The complex area is large and includes rockets and satellites that went to the moon and a complete space shuttle with booster rockets.
 
              
 

We toured the complex and I experienced my first "3D" viewing at the IMAX Theater...it was the Space Station 3D show. 
Absolutely phenomenal...it was like walking in space or on the moon. 
Here we joined the Space Station Astronauts as they lived, worked and adapted to months of weightlessness.


We also toured the Space Shuttle Atlantis complex...amazing!
   
 

   

Another wonderful day ... on the Space Coast!

1 comment: