Saturday, December 14, 2013

Baby, It's Cold Outside


The weather has presented many challenges for the walker this week...
It has been freezing cold with the wind chill making it even colder, the streets and sidewalks icier and a bit treacherous for those of us that are not that stable on our feet and of course there is the snow from light flurries to squalls.


I never was much of an ice skater spending most of my time on my rear end on the cold ice floor of the outdoor rink that my Dad would make in our backyard every year ...especially made for my younger brother. In those days 50 plus years ago there were not many indoor arenas.

I still am amazed that my Dad would take him every Saturday morning for hockey practice at 5AM at  the local outdoor ice rink at Silverwoods Park. 

This is where we also went to swim on those hot hazy days of summer.
    
    Hopes of summer... the tire swing.

We would ride our bikes nearly two miles, now when I visit the city I can't even imagine a youngster riding their bikes on the busy streets to enjoy the park activities.

Needless to say, my outdoor activities this past week have been limited.

I did get a good walk in earlier in the week in between the light dandruff snow and then the huge fluffy snowflakes falling down...





And as I finish this post it continues to snow, it hasn't stopped all day, the streets and driveways are filled in with snowdrifts ... 


It is Sunday tomorrow ... will we have a snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment