Thursday, January 2, 2014

"Post Christmas" Post.


Baby it's cold outside...frigid temperatures, strong winds and blowing snow ... It was a great day for indoor activities.


Today I cleared our home of the Christmas glitter so to speak, but in actual fact I am sure I will still find sparkles and glitter on the carpet and furniture for the next few months.

Not unlike the time so many years ago that we had our last fresh cut Christmas tree ... I was still vacuuming needles up from the carpet the following July. 

And so that was the year I decided to go with an artificial tree... and I purchased a small three-foot tree that our children called the "Snoopy Tree".

Funny thing was when we replaced that tiny tree with our 9 ft. 1500-light tree (eight years ago), the kids who are now adults wanted to know "where was Snoopy?" 

All of them staking a claim to our little tree.



The personalized family ornaments carefully packed away for another year ... that will bring back many memories and cause some melancholy when I hang them on the tree next year.


 A new handmade ornament from our granddaughters...something to treasure for years.



Today my steps took me back in time 24 years plus and into the New Year "2014"!

No comments:

Post a Comment