Saturday, October 26, 2013

"Venza" Viewpoints.

Day two of the road trip...

Photography from the passenger seat of a moving car is very challenging.

There is the reflection from the windows, the guard rails almost always cut off your subject, the speed of movement and there is no time to compose your photo.

You must be at the ready at all times.

Yesterday I missed many possible wonderful snapshots... on three different occasions I saw deer grazing along side the Highway, a median blossoming with wild pink and fuschia Prairie flowers and of course the ever changing landscapes ... the fall colours, the forests of evergreens, and the enormous rock cuts in the Appalachian Mountains.


Today, we continued with some high altitude driving on the "Mountaineer Expressway" and tunnelled  thru the mountains, and now the terrain is flatter and the look is more tropical.

There is a spot on our travels "Lake Norman, North Carolina" that when we reach this point, I feel we are closing in on our destination.

When we cross the causeway over the lake I suddenly have an attitude adjustment and I truly feel I'm on vacation and in the south.


Like magic the temperature has risen from a frosty -3C earlier this morning in West Virginia  to 14C in North Carolina.

By the time we reached our intended stop for this evening at the Savannah Gateway the temperature had reached 21 degrees at 4pm... some rest and shower time and then out for dinner.

Tomorrow... the last leg of the road trip!

Please note these pics were taken from inside the travelling "Venza" with my iPad ... soon I'll be able to use my real camera.

2 comments: